Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Talk and Talk*

I just got home from SM Molino. I had an appointment regarding my business. After that, I bought a book. Then, played basketball at Tom's World. I cooled myself down from the exercise by listening to a talk in the event center of the mall. And yeah- as early as 10:40 am. Though I just listened on the second floor for ten minutes- 10:50-11:00 am.

The topic was about "Biofuel: The green fuel of the future." The speaker was from the Department of Energy. He asked "Why do I save energy?" to the audience and gave pink belt bag to those who answered. After that, the question was "Are you W.I.S.E?" W.I.S.E., meaning Wise Intelligent Saver of Energy. Followed by it is a discussion of the reasons why we should save energy.
1. To protect the environment
2. Reduce the oil importation
3. It concerns the future generation
4. To save money

Greenhouse effects was encountered along the way. I was happy because I was able to answer "What causes the global warming?" and "Where does the carbon dioxide come from?" It means I still remember the discussion I had in class back  in first semester and last April. Then, a question came into my mind: What way would you suggest to reduce the use of energy or save it now that car users are rising up here in the Philippines? I got surprised when the speaker said that if anyone has a question, raise it. I think a maintenance at the mall, because of his uniform, asked a question. He's active in "Class." He also had a pink belt bag. The speaker gave him a GREEN shirt after his question! Aaaahhh! GREEN! Anyway, he said that the answer to his question, which I didn't quite understand, will be discussed along the discussion and continued on to some ways on how to save energy, but not exactly the answer I was thinking for my question.

I don't really know how I felt for not asking the question. But, I am fine with it. It's just so sad to notice that the audience consist of adults. You won't see any teenager on the seats. All would just pass by and stop for a moment, then leave. I still like the talk because it's conducted in the morning, and I'm happy to see those people who sat there, listening for that while and not yet roaming around. I hope the event center personnels do that every now and then to educate and inform the people of somethings that concern us in our surrounding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
*Talk and talk - a lecture and speak  respectively

No comments:

Post a Comment