Saturday, June 11, 2011

Detective Stories Attract Me


The first detective anime that I got interested was Detective Conan. It's really awesome! The plot and the characters are unique. I like the way Haibara Ai acts and the way Suzuki Sonoko exaggerates. I admire Mouri Ran's karate capability and Kudou Shinichi's soccer expertise, whose parents are so cool together as a couple. They even know how to disguise very well. The 'Detective Boys', Professor Agasa and even the lazy Mouri Kogoro, as well as the 'men in black', and a lot more characters are distinguished from one another.

I remember back in third year high school, a classmate of mine called me 'Conan'. I asked him why he called me that, he said 'no reason at all.' Even though that's the case, I'm happy. It's only sometime that I am called by the name of my idol. All anime characters wearing eye glasses are sort of my idols because I'm wearing one as well. And somehow I find myself in their character. There are similarities, if not in traits, in physical appearance. Imagine, there have been so many people who said I look like him or him. Haha! In real life and in animes. :D


But Detective Conan is not what I'm here to analyze. It's Shinrei Tantei Yakumo. I finished watching it yesterday. I'm just creating a blog about it today.

Okay... so, what can I say? Well, it's also has a unique story. It revolves around Yakumo, a man who can see  dead people's spirits with his red left eye.

I really love the way Yakumo and Hakura treat each other. Their actions may look mean, but deep inside them, they care for each other. And whenever they see each other,  they look cute when quarreling. They deliver their thoughts in a funny way.  So, it's not really meant. It's just like joking to lighten the mood. XD

Well, I was able to relate in some way I won't go in detail. All I can say is that I cried whenever someone close to Yakumo or Haruka is in danger. I became sad when I learned that Uncle Isshin was in trouble (I won't give anything more. I won't spoil it.). He was so nice and he was always calm. I also admire Mr. Ishii's courage to change from being scaredy cat to a brave man who has reason to fight.

There are no scenes that made me bore. It's always giving me a reason to stay awake. The musical scoring is very appropriate to a particular moment. Sad moments are worth mentioning. You can really feel the emotion. I also like the opening song. I cannot wish for it to have more episodes. Though it's a mini-anime consisting of thirteen episodes, I'm already contented. It' worth watching because over-all, it's very good. Try it so that afterwards, we can talk about it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment