Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6-in-1


This is a great Filipino English Novel about detectives on an investigation of a series of murders. As I finished reading it, I remembered Detective Conan, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Supernatural, and Castle because of the way the protagonists of the story solves the mystery is similar to the methods in these animes and series. It's six stories placed together in one FILIPINO literature! It's really fantastic!

Well, I'm now a fan of Father Jerome Lucero. He's way too cool! And I see Thea Stilton, the sister of Geronimo Stilton, in Joanna Bonifacio. The way they call different versions of a name of someone they're calling or talking to.

I think you'll encounter the sentence "The rain has dwindled to a slight drizzle" three times. XD

I'm not quite sure if all the details about human bodies are correct, and I hope they are, because it's so fascinating when a writer has to research all that stuff to make the story better.

Furthermore, there's this scene where everyone is serious, and so is the moment, when, I quote, "The photographer stops. He brings the camera down to his chest, and stares into the freezer for a long time. Then, before the two priests can stop him, he runs screaming out of the apartment." I imagined this scenario in a comedic version. Hehe.. XD

And this is what I like most in books or written texts: when people talk about something which you will know later on. For instance, in this novel, Joanna and Leo are looking at the footage they have taken on a scene of a crime. Then, suddenly, they are talking "Stop there. Rewind it. Slow-mo." It's like, "Hey guys, what are you looking at? Can I see it? Please show me what you're seeing." It puzzled me pretty much. It got my attention.

I just don't think it's a good idea to put conversations of different language because I don't understand the words the characters were saying. You may say it was placed for us to search for its meaning, but for me, it quite made me bore a little.

"Smaller and Smaller Circles" is the title because as the investigations went on, the priests were able to locate the target, from general to specific.

(Characters:)

Father Augusto Saenz
Father Jerome Lucero
Father Emil
Joanna Bonifacio
Ading Rustia
Atty. Benjamin Arcinas

(Favorite Chapters/Lines:)
I won't reveal it. Just clues. You have to read it. :D

Thought before Chapter II
Chapter 4 - Second Paragraph (about GREEN! :D)
Chapter VI - Paragraph 3-7
Chapter XI - the whole of it (about the questioning)
Chapter XV - (about the tape)
Thought before Chapter XX

No comments:

Post a Comment