Sunday, December 29, 2013

TNT: The Name's Thom

"These powers, they're just part of you, Thom, but they're not all of you."
-Lila Creed
 
 
Although the title is common, I still gave it a shot. After all, do not judge a book by its cover.
 
Well, basically, the cover page and the title says a lot about the story without so much as reading the synopsis. Try the contents and be amazed at how magnificent the construction of the story was. It had its own twist and turns in this world full of ordinary people, special people, and even extra-terrestrial beings. For those who are looking for a world of heroism with powers and stuff, check this out.
 
I read comments about this novel in goodreads.com. I agree to some points but I would not totally dump it. Yes, the action took place on the latter half of the book but on the first half, the tension was just building and that's how the author decided to do it. The heroes may somehow be similar to known those we know like the mutants in X-Men and others. In terms of originality in that part, it may have scored low but they were necessary part of the novel to display the events the author had in mind. There were a lot more.
 
As I was browsing and reading more comments, one thought came to me and this is purely an opinionated thought from my point of view: we don't have to be so critical in literature; we just have to learn to appreciate the story and its lessons. I know, I know. If we don't get critical, how can there be good quality outputs and such all stuff that concerns the world of literature. But it's just that simple if we are looking for a way to pass out time, to get entertained, while still learning at the same time. Once again, this is just my opinion. I'm just saying it as it is. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment