Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Then and Now

 

Old Betty: Wow! What's happened to you? I mean you've changed. I barely even recognize you...
Present Betty: Look, I have not changed...
...
Betty: Christina, have I changed...?
Christina: Well, I think it's hard not to change. I don't know. It's this place, it does something to you.
 
 
 
My college friends have told me at random times that I have changed... not just once. What are the odds of this circumstance? I mean, for me to watch this particular episode (Season 2 Episode 08) on my special day plus the fact that in the series, Christmas is also approaching. Welcome to our world.
 
 
Somehow, I've been known as a nerd, a weird, but not yet called a geek. What's the difference? They are almost similar if not exactly the same. The bottomline: others see me as the smart guy.
 
If I try to go back and look at how I was then, I cannot say for sure that I have changed now. I see some glimpse of some small changes but it's quite difficult to measure it unless I have someone who was with me from high school to college to differentiate me then and now. Situation varies and adaptation is necessary. After all, we have to get out of our box and comfort zone as we grow up. We won't be certain of what's ahead of us in the real world. It can either be fancy or cruel, ideal or messy; we can expect but we are not sure if our expectations will be met. At this times that things are going so fast, staying in one place might just be the last option.
 
Two days prior to this day, God wants me to know (via Facebook) that...
 
"Today we believe God wants us to know that ...
it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.
People are always judging each other and, the truth is, they're not very good at it. Don't put a lot of concern into what people think of you. You weren't created to please and entertain everyone. You were created to be you, so feel good about yourself."
 
This is a great thing to know and it is true. We cannot please everybody but aren't we living to please God Almighty alone? Well, happy 20th birthday to me and I wish everyone an advance Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. To God be the glory!
 
"Hey, growing up, doesn't matter what you do for a living. There are always going to have tough choices to make... I really think you can stay here and still be the person you want to be."
-Daniel Meade

No comments:

Post a Comment