Saturday, October 29, 2011

We Can Do It


I've heard a lot of comments that Green Lantern is boring. Well, for me it wasn't. Film viewing is my hobby. Of course I choose what to watch but basically, I'll watch anything. I judge movies after watching them. But it is so rare that I dislike movies. I can't even remember one or even enumerate those that I don't like until I hear their titles again.

I think it's kind of my problem in the field of U.S. films... telling what is good, not telling things as they are. For me, almost everything they produce is beautiful, sometimes awesome. The effects they use are amazing and I find their stories fascinating. But, I have no problem with myself with that. I am happy about it. If there comes a time that I have to be blunt and frank, I can and I will because time asks me to adopt. I know how to be objective, but not always on film viewing because I watch most of the time for the mere reason of entertaining myself when I'm not doing anything or whenever I need a break from doing something.

So I like the movie, not because it's "green" again (yes, I admit it is, but only a part) but because of the story of humans. When we are chosen, we kind of give all the possible reason for us not to be selected. Why don't we just believe that they chose us because they know we can?

The ring chose Hal Jordan (played by Ryan Reynolds) because it saw that he is fearless. Fearless is the job description. But he knew in himself and he admitted that he was afraid. The answer to this dilemma was given by Carol Ferris (played by Blake Lively), "The ring didn't see you fearless, it saw that you have the ability to overcome fear. It saw that you're courageous."

As I watch the movie, I learned that the ring can produce anything that we imagine. During Green Lantern's first appearance to the public when the helicopter was about to crash, Hal thought of a fast solution to keep the people safe. After that scene, I kind of reflected, if I was in that situation, would I have acted fast as well? Will I be able to do what he has done? Then I found the answer. We are not the same. He is he and I am me. I may not be able to do it in his way, but I will certainly do it on my way. And as I remember all the obstacles that I have encountered, I can say that I can act on the situation properly because I have seen myself in God's view. He won't give me trials if He knows I won't be able to face it.

Believe, that's all you need to do and trust, because you should not doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment