Monday, February 23, 2015

Stalk


I was surprised to discover that this 2014 series, Stalker, was pulled from schedule not knowing exactly whether it will continue or just hang there unfinished.

I like the story development. As each episode unfolds, Detective Beth Davis solves short term stalking cases with her team when she herself, a victim, faces  long term on her own.

Stalking is a big deal, just like bullying. Both of them are alarming. I have facebook friends who experience poser, or someone using their name and pictures as if it was their own. Not many are aware of the legal actions against that except report it as abuse to the social media management.

What made me like the series more is the concept when Beth was relieved temporarily of her command and someone took over.
Vicki Gregg: It's great to see you again despite the circumstances.
Beth Davis: You, too. Please, use my office.
Vicki Gregg: No. Beth, I'm not here to replace you. I'm just here to help. I'll work out in the conference room until this is all resolved.
Beth Davis: Thanks.
Beth's team didn't know about her past life until she filled them up with details so that they can catch up because it returned and escalated. She shared her story because they are not just team members, they are also friends and family at the same time who will be there with her through it.

I think this shows the message just like other films: the protagonist does not always offer the help. Sometimes they need it as well.

I hope it resumes. I was frustrated enough for The Gates and The Tomorrow People to be cancelled for another season. This one has not even ended one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment