Thursday, February 26, 2015

It's... They're Possible

"This is what my voice sounds like
I don't need to be talking to someone else
To hear it"
-Karen


Very creative... that's what this 2004 book is.
 
With twenty characters telling their own stories, that is a lot. It is quite confusing with the way he presented it but I think it is better than using the usual novel type. For one thing, this is something fresh, or at least for me for this is the first time and first book I encountered written this way. Mr. Levithan found various ways for them to share their thoughts uniquely without one way being used twice.
 
It is an amazing compilation, from love in any relationship [self, family (parent-child and sibling), friends, lovers (opposite and same sex)], to its challenges (fighting and break up), to music, to belief; it is interesting enough to read continuously.

I cannot prolong this any further. That's what it is. To end this, I just have to say that David Levithan's books are successful in conveying thoughts that are worth realizing, specifically those of teen/young adult voices.
 
Notable Ideas
 
I can't seem to enumerate any except to just use one quote above. Read it and you'll find out that from each voice that there are a lot of notable ideas. Each one of them will point it out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment