Monday, August 26, 2013

Remind Me (3)

"Money is a bitch for bringing the worst out of people,
especially when they've got an addiction to feed."
-"Saturday's Child" by Ray Banks

I am not a b****, but I know how money greatly affects the behavior of a person. Still, I am also not that kind of person. I have my savings. Nonetheless, I have a different kind of addiction.

For someone who is intellectually inclined, who excels more in academics over sports, I am like anybody else, I have a habit of collecting items - preferably books.

I can say that I've "got an addiction to feed" because I have this impulse to buy books that I like when I see them most especially if they are rare or hard to find. There are so many interesting books out there. Let's just say that I prefer books of some unknown authors. What I do is even though I still have a lot of pending books to read, I like to keep what I find right away. It's like I want an assurance that I have it with me than regret losing it the moment I come back to where it is located in a bookstore.

With that, I have to promise myself that I have to control and contain it because presently, we have a problem financially and as a graduating student, there are lots of expenses and I have to invest on that. Books can wait in their shelves; my future cannot.

I, Eric Pastor, do hereby solemnly promise to avoid as much as possible, to the best of my ability, the call to purchase books, either with friends or family or with myself alone; to focus more on the important things that involve my future and my family's welfare; to understand that my collection can wait. Please remind me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment