Monday, June 10, 2013

Media Autobiography

At one point in my life, I believe some people will question why I am here. I wrote this for people to know my answer. To be honest, I did not or was not able make it a habit to read newspaper and watch television daily even though Broadcast Communication is the field that I chose. I can really say that it is one of my weaknesses.

It is very ironic for me to be a writer of our school paper back in high school if from that moment up until now I do not read newspaper consistently. Journalism was my basis to take this course yet, why did I also choose this field if I do not watch television on a regular basis? At present, I am thankful that I have gone this far but I am really bothered because I do not make myself updated of the latest events from time to time; it is only random. I know it will hit me one day without knowing.

Why do I choose international films over local? If we talk about local, why am I more interested in independent films over commercial? In advertising, what makes me choose a product if no commercial convinces me? In the internet, where anything or everything is available, why do I only open and access it to socialize through Facebook or Twitter?

Even though most are automated nowadays, I do not choose to visit sites that are necessary in my life like the online version of newspapers. Being busy with academic subjects and extra-curricular activities has factor why I am like this. To temporarily solve the concern, I maximize my academics... I use them as a tool to get to know everything, to be at least updated at a certain period of time. If asked what my long term solution is, I really think that I have to write a contract myself to remind me that I have to do this because this is what I chose to become, I committed myself to this. Hence, I finally wrote one. Thanks to Media Studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment