Friday, February 22, 2013

Galo's Journal

 "I'm not going there to die.
I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel


I bought this book because I wanted to find out if this is really scary. I like reading and I am the type of person who does not scare that easily (except for dogs!) so I finished the book a while ago.

I like to commend Mr. Bob Ong for publishing a good book again. I was entertained. Thumbs up. Without a synopsis at the back, one would really wonder what the story is about, most especially with this picture:


The presentation is magnificent. I believe now is the only time that I read a book that is like a journal. And like in reality, if someone found a journal and read it, he or she will continue to read it until the end (with all due respect). Just like in 'The Vampire Diaries' when Elena was studying the past of Stefan.

For those who know 'Granny' by Anthony Horowitz, this is more serious. If that is light and comedic, well, this is different. It presents more ideas that reflect the reality of life. And I also like how the author delivered the story. It is pretty much like how a teenager from our generation [even though the setting is in the 1990's] would really react. Hehehe... XD

Nothing is extraordinary in the beginning. One more thing, the names of the characters are presented as the journal entries go along the way. Something worth waiting for. The thrill will be in the middle until the end. If I relate myself in the characters, I am best portrayed by Gilbert's mom because we don't scare easily. Anyway, it has little effect on me because as I imagine each scenario, yes, it gives me goosebumps and they are creepy but only for a short period of time. I admit that I don't scare easily, but I am not so strong at all. But yes, I can be your last man standing. :P

If it scared other people, I believe it was effective Mr. Ong. And to end this entry, I would just like to share my favorite quote of them all: "...mga tao mismo ang pumapatay sa sarili nila sa uri ng pinili nilang pang-araw-araw na pamumuhay..."

No comments:

Post a Comment