Monday, February 25, 2013

Proud Volunteer


"...I felll in love with the eyes looking at me, and the smiles. I think charity work is the most seductive thing in the world, and I've never done it before. For the first time, in your life you're surrounded by people who tell you you're making a difference..."

-Olivia Weston,
Trash by Andy Mulligan

I was surprised to learn that I was a "Volunteer of the Year Awardee." But at that moment I read that text message, that private facebook chat, I thought that whatever the result will be on the election, win or lose, I am still a winner.

I was only exposed to outreach programs this third year in college. I did not expect that in my first year of service, I will already have recognition. And now, I got two. Thanks be to God.

This will also serve as my inspiration to serve other people. I'll continue my service because as I give a hand, I touch a heart, and I save a life. I AM A PROUD VOLNTEER.

Service. Commitment. Change is the Movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment