Saturday, April 7, 2012

I Am Still Here


The moment I chose this book, I picked it up because of what the title simply implies. “Where are you now?” It’s either the story is about a missing person or about a person who chose to hide from the face of the earth and to keep distance from people in his life. It turns out to be, as written in the synopsis, that it is about a person who disappeared ten years ago and only calls his family on Mother’s day.

It took me a long time before I read it. I bought it on September 20, 2011. So, after I had bought it, it was just sitting silently on my shelf. At first, when I read it, I was sleepy, kind of bored, and was confused on the way it was written. So I decided to stop.

Then again, I started from the beginning. I read it few chapters a day.  Only when I was in the middle did it caught my attention and after that, I read it continuously. It was interesting after all.   But after I finished it today, I realized that my mind was not conditioned and prepared to read it every time I pick it up before.  

What is the story behind the ten years of disappearance? I never expected that the ending would completely twist away from my hunch while reading each chapter. In any way, it is a good book written by Mary Higgins Clark.

Nine Dragons by Michael Connelly, get ready. You’re next.

P.S. You will notice that some of my books are about crime or mystery. Well, that’s one of my line of interest. Hehe.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment