Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Second Free Book


Our library is giving away free books, mostly old, maybe to ignite and start a reading habit out of students. This is the second time they conducted it.

When the librarians started giving away books, I was at home because I have no class on that day. The next day, when I was at school already, I was thinking, "Should I get one?" because I don't know, I kind of got lazy and maybe because I don't have any one with to accompany me in getting one. But my classroom is just in front of the library. So, I brought up the subject to my friends. We still have time to browse and look at it because our professor hasn't arrived yet. Luckily, some agreed to pay the library a visit. Off we go!

The moment that I saw the remaining free books on the shelf, I didn’t get disappointed. Even all the books left were old, I got amazed. Why? Because it’s not so often that i get a chance to grab ONE FREE BOOK and take it home. Even though Nickel Mountain is published in the year 1973, I thought I would like it.

I haven't started it yet and I'm not sure when I can fully read it, but come that time, I know that I wouldn't regret picking it out of the shelf and signing it out to tale it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment