Sunday, December 2, 2012

Welcome To Their Family

''...Perhaps the secret was to stop looking for greener grass.
Perhaps the secret was to make the best of what you have...''


A mother having an affair, a father being ill, a son who is gay, and a daughter who is re-marrying... you will find this kind of family in Mark Haddon’s book “A Spot of Bother.”

He is an interesting author, Mark, I say. His first book, “The Curious Incident of Dog in the Night Time” really caught my attention. I became very interested in it because it was a story of a child who is autistic. I wondered how the story will go on having that kid as the main character.

This time around, his work still interests me. I find ‘A Spot of Bother’ fascinating – it has its dramas but still, comedy exists in the middle of it. Imagine a family forgetting the numbers of one another. How silly is that? They are not an ideal family, yes, but there are so many things to learn from them.

For those people who doesn't read that much, I still encourage for you to try reading it. For those bookworms, this novel is very much recommended.

Welcome to their family. It would drive you crazy. Just remember to hold to your sanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment