Monday, November 14, 2011

My First Free Book


“When fact and fiction are combined in novels, it’s not always clear to the reader which is which.”

Nelson DeMille said this in his Wild Fire's Author’s Note. It is very well true and that's what attracted me to grab and choose this free book distributed by our library.


Mixing fact and fiction makes a story really exciting. So, thumbs up to Mr. DeMille. However, if you really are interested in determining which are fact and which are fiction, you need to do only one thing - research. Nonetheless, let the books entertain me at times and teach me at another.

The only conflict I encountered was that I found this other book. It was written by James Patterson entitled The Jester. I also liked the book because in his note, he wrote this (not the exact line but the same thought), "Every author has a favorite among the novels he wrote and this is my favorite among the books I wrote."


That very thought intrigued me about the reason why it's James Patterson's favorite book. I have to find out.

I had to choose among the two and I chose the first. I just asked this to be reserved to me because the library didn't allow a student to take home two. One may return and get another... but only when done with the first book. Better get on with Wild Fire because I can't wait to get my hands on The Jester. Hahahahaha! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment